Monday, August 18, 2014

2 Years Later.....

I stopped today to look back on my feelings once upon a time, before my life was the fairytale I had always imagined. I read the words I had inscribed into the World Wide Web. And let me to you how everything has changed. 


I moved away from St. George. Back home to Salt Lake City where I got a new job, moved out of my parents house, started my career in retail fashion, and wound up falling into the most amazing love story you could ever imagine. 

Here's the part where David comes in. 

We have known each other since middle school. Young love always prevails. Of course I did not date David back then, we kissed a few times, hooked up a few more, but never called one another partners. 

Fast forward 6 years later. 


Facebook. Facebook brought us back together. Two weeks after I had sworn off men and decided to focus on myself I get a friend request coinciding with an email from David himself. Instantaneously I wanted to see him. I have always been drawn to that boys energy. So one thing led to another and we were hanging out almost every day, texting constantly. I was falling in love with him. And he wanted nothing to do with that. 

But for some reason I couldn't let go of him. I knew I needed him in my life. 

November came around and I had fallen hard. He completely swept me off my feet without me even realizing it. And with that I wanted to celebrate my 21 birthday with him and only him. Wendover was an adventure. We got drunk, lost some money, and wound up back at the right hotel at 3 am. I laid on the bed of our room and confessed to him all my secrets and the biggest one of all, that I loved him. 

2 weeks later the pregnancy test came up positive. And our lives changed in an instant. 


We didn't want to keep the baby at first. We had decided that we weren't ready for that responsibility. I called to make the appointment and I just hung up the phone after 1 ring. I couldn't deny the gift I had received. I wanted that baby even if it meant doing it alone. So I told David he could walk away, no strings attached. But he denied me. Saying he would never be the kind of man to walk away from what he created. I admired him even more for that. But that didn't mean we were in a relationship. But slowly as my belly grew our love for each other blossomed with it. And before I knew it we were looking for an apartment together. 


8 months went by. 


We had a great apartment. We were completely in love. And our baby boy was on his way. We were ready to be parents. So excited to bring Daniel into this world. Just one more month and we would have our baby at home and our family started. 

But Daniel didn't want to wait. And with one month before he was due we were in the hospital fighting for our lives. Daniel and I were very sick. Pre-eclampsia had cursed us and we were struggling to make it through the night. The next I knew I was being wheeled into an emergency C-section and Danny was born 10 minutes later. 3 pounds 13 ounces 17 inches long.


He was tiny and sick, but he was strong. After just 1 week in the hospital we brought our little boy home. Where he has grown so fast and kept me and David on our toes. 

Now here we are. Danny is 1 months old. David and I are completely in love, and starting to create a life for ourselves and our son.



David is my happily ever after. He treats me like a queen and looks at our son like he is the center of the universe. I couldn't before happy than I am right now. And it all changed within 2 years.

2 years ago I was pleading with the universe to give me a man to love and life to cherish. The universe replied in due time. And I couldn't be more thankful. 

So here is to two more.... 
May they bring just as much wonderful change as the last. And may I have the wisdom to look back and appreciate the journey. 

1 comment:

  1. Megan I love you! I'm so glad you've found happiness. Your going to make a great mother. He's one lucky little guy.

    ReplyDelete