Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hello Mr. Unknown

Have you ever sat awake at night wondering where your life has gone?
I have, I do, all the time.
One day I was walking to kindergarten and the next I was walking on a college campus.
One day I had loads of friends, and the next I was saying goodbye to each and every one of them.
One day I had love in my hands, and the next day I couldn't remember the last time I had been kissed.
This time of year is always the hardest on my dreams.
I always get so wrapped up in the "unknown"!
I lay awake at night wondering where my life is headed and why I cant just stop time.
I get crazy anxiety and cant concentrate on just breathing.
For once I want to lay down in bed and actually sleep.
I don't want to think about money, or people, or anything for that matter.
I just want to sleep.

But tonight I was laying in bed and I thought, "if I embraced the unknown then maybe I will feel better about my life"
So that is my goal for this year.
I am going to embrace Mr. Unknown because maybe if I do that then I wont feel so scared.
If I tell myself that there is nothing around the corner that I can't handle, then maybe I can come to the top of the mountain before I even realize I was climbing.

Mr. Unknown is around the next corner, but I am ready for him.

ARE YOU?




1 comment:

  1. love your perspective meg. In my really high anxiety days I have to remember to slow down, take it moment by moment. you're in an ever-changing time in your life, and i'm very excited for you. embrace it girl :)

    ReplyDelete