Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Experience

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God

do you learn.” C.S. Lewis

Sometimes there are things in life that we don't understand, things that we have to go through in order to make it to the other side. They call these things experience, but most often what we experience hurts us. Society as a whole has troubles seeing the bright side of things, or the lessons within a horrible encounter. Although its hard to find the silver lining, I have learned that there is always something waiting for us to discover even under the darkest clouds. Its easy to dwell on the negative, to forget that we have to learn something from all of this. The hard part is finding what you need out of what has happened. I never thought that loosing myself would allow me to eventually find myself. It took time and patients but it all got better, and it is still getting better every day. When I wake up in the morning and know that I am alive and have so many blessing to be thankful for it takes away all of the stuff that once made me sad.
If anyone could say it right C.S. Lewis did, you learn so much each day by sheer experience. No matter what happens there is always a lesson to rely on and an upside to hope for. Because life is not about what goes wrong, although there will be many things that do, its about the happiness you find when what when wrong turned out to be exactly what you needed. So stop crying today, and appreciate life for what it really is: a string of experience that you can either get lost in, or learn from. Choose the later, because you life, your soul, and your future depend on a brighter perspective today.

No comments:

Post a Comment