Monday, July 25, 2011

Move Over Mrs Markham

Saturday Night was my final show for Move Over Mrs. Markham.
It was the show that occupied all of my time this summer, and I truly miss it already.
I had such a good cast and crew that we had a blast every day! They are some of the sweetest people I have ever met. This experience taught me a lot about theater and where I want to go with my life. I always get scared that I am making the wrong decision by going into theater as a profession, but then the lights go up and the show starts and I feel like my world falls into place. When I hear the audience laugh and that my actors are having a good time I know that I am doing the right things. But then why am I so scared. When I was growing up I never was scared about being a lawyer or a psychologist. Those decisions never intimidated me, I felt like I would preform well in both fields of work; in fact I still feel that way. But the stage calls to me, like a whisper from the dark, and all I can ever think about is my next opportunity to work there again, no matter what I do. I just want to work in theater.
I have loved every minute of working for Dixie State College. Its been so fun and exciting that I did not want this show to end. But all shows must end, and when the curtain falls and people applaud you know you have done your job.

I know in my heart that this is right for me. I love theater with all my heart and I dont know who I would be without that realization.

No comments:

Post a Comment