Saturday, July 9, 2011

One Rainy Night


So last night I was hanging out with my best friend Cierra and it started pouring rain. I mean like golf ball size rain drops. She gets this amazing idea to go and dance in the rain. So I agree, and it was a blast! We ran to our best friend Noelle's house and played with her and a bunch of our other friends. When the night was over I took the walk around the block to my house in the pouring rain and just thought about how the rain refreshes us. It can take an ordinary day and make it into a beautiful night. It can make any mistake in our land wash away and appear as if it never happened.
So cant the same be said about our lives. Cant rain just wash away all the bad and make our world seem just a little cleaner? Well while I was thinking about all of this I began to write a poem in my head. So here it is. I hope you like it.


it starts out slow
almost nothing
a drop in the sky
a black cloud of gloom
then the wind starts to twirl
and my heart starts to beat
a drop on my skin
and then it all begins

i comb through my hair
feel the coldness of the breeze
smell the wet in the air
and hear the wind in the trees
if this rain can heal the earth
why cant it heal our hurt

please kiss me in the rain
when the sun comes out
the hurt will come back again
please touch my wet skin
and erase this pain within
when the brightness shins
I feel your not mine
the hot dry air
shows me you dont really care

So please kiss me in the rain
to take away all my pain.

1 comment:

  1. great perspective! i would've probably been cursing the rain and you were out dancing in it. thanks for reminding me to dance in the rain :)

    ReplyDelete