Sunday, July 10, 2011

A NEW perspective

Today I received a new perspective about life.
I know that just yesterday I was complaining about all the stuff that is going wrong in my life, or about things that were bothering me, but I have so so much to be thankful for!
In the past three years my entire life has changed and it is all because I let myself believe in something that was so powerful that I couldn't deny it!
I found my Heavenly Father.
Today I spent some quality time on the temple grounds in St. George, and it was the most peaceful place I have ever been to. The moment I stepped into the gated area of the temple grounds I felt at home. I felt loved. I knew that my Heavenly Father was looking down on me and explaining to me that this is where I belong, and that He has given me so much in the past three years.
I realized that I have so much to be thankful for.

  • I have a family that loves me and supports me in everything that I do.
  • I have friends that love to spend time with me and trust me.
  • I have opportunities that most people will never see in their entire life!
  • I have mentors that respect and support me with my decisions.
  • I have a brother that has decided to change his life, and that is all I have ever wanted.
  • I have a mother that is finally happy with herself!
  • I have a father that loves me and would do anything for me to be happy, like moving across the state so that he can be there for my senior year.
  • I have wonderful qualities about myself that make my life easier to live.

This list could go on for hours. Not that I am self absorbed or anything. I just realized that I have a lot more to be thankful for than to fret about. Not only did my Heavenly Father help me see that, but so did my friends and family. Thank you all for the love and kindness you give me every day. From now on I will be looking forward. From now on I will only look up upon the horizon of my future. Because I am worth the wait and because my happiness is not worth the stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment