Saturday, July 17, 2010

Girls Camp

Wow, so after all the incredible experiences of bear lake, I got to leave my family and head up to the top of a mountain, so I could not shower for another 4 days. WOOT!! I was not very happy to be going to girls camp to begin with, I wanted to stay at bear lake and be with my family, but I had paid up my money and the girls/leaders were counting on me. So we took the long trip to St. George, I stuffed yet another suitcase full of junk, took what seemed to be a decent shower, then I was off the next morning for high altitudes and a lot of hiking! YIKES!! But what can I say, I did it.

The first day there seemed to take forever, but we got to go to Kolob Resevior and canoe and chi-ac for our first stake activity. The water felt great and I loved the feeling of moving the oars along the smooth surface. Although I did get a blister from rowing so much. That night after we got back, we ate dinner and went down to a fireside where we wore our lanterns and our tee shirts as our ward ID. Let me tell you that was an interesting fireside, where I made a fool of myself in front of the whole stake! But that night when we got back I gave my second devotional, I talked to the girls about light, and letting the world see that you have it. We each turned on our lantern one by one and lit the whole tent up, I felt so warm and incredibly spiritually high afterwards that I could not sleep. Me and some of the girls stayed up talking and laughing and just getting to know each other.

The next morning we were all pretty tired but we had some cool activities planed, such as shooting/archery, and repelling. After we did some more crafts and had some free time we headed down to the shooting range. I was so happy to get to fire a gun and shoot an arrow. It was one of my favorite activities. The girls really seemed to love it too. Then we climbed up to repelling, and boy let me tell you I HATED THAT ACTIVITY!!!! We sat up on a steep mountain for 3 hours so that I could get cramps and have to walk back down. POINTLESS I tell you. That night we went snipe hunting with the girls, and I have never laughed so hard in my life. There was so much screaming and running around that the girls just kept freaking out!! SO FUNNY

The final full day we went on what the camp called Mountain Man, which translates into really boring down hill elevation drop that takes you to a camp full of cranky men and a hot headed woman just so we could shoot some stuff and listen to the boring people talk. (I know long translation) But seriously that was such a horrible day. It was hot and the people were so boring that I fell asleep at most of the stations. They all had dumb nicknames, but the worst one was Soyer, I hated that man, he was very rude and never shut up!! Not my kind of man. But the worst thing about that whole day was the hike back. It was so hard that I got sick a little over half way through and started throwing up, but the advantage to that was that I got a Rhino ride the rest of the way up! Score! That night we had testimony meeting with the bishop ric and I have never felt so much spirit. The girls were all very open with their feelings and I was so proud of all of them.

Girls camp was such and amazing experience, and although I know I didn't want to go, I ended up having on of the best times of my life. I love nature and I love my ward!

But, I do love to be clean....HOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment