Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mt. Hike all Day till you Die!!!

Okay first off I need to give a little refresher: I am in Salt lake City visiting my family, and boy what an amazing two days it has been. Family means the world to me, and on my dad's side we have a lot of love. Yesterday my cousin Mark came to Salt Lake so that he could go to the MTC to prepare for his mission in Arizona. Little did Mark know, that when you come to Salt Lake the Doty's make it an event, not just a visit. I dont think he had any idea that we all wanted to see him so when the whole family came to grandmas just for him I think he was a little shocked. Anyway Grandma cooked a big o' meal and we ate and visited like good pals. It was a great day. Then I went camping with my Aunt Sarah and my cousins in the mountains, we didnt really do much but sleep but it was a pretty great time. I love my family lol.

So now that you are caught up on the happenings lets move forward to the story of the Mountain.

Mt. Timpanogos is the really tall mountain in Salt Lake that people like to climb to get to the Timpanogos Cave at the very very tippy tippy top. It is one of the steepest climbs in Utah and the also one of the most difficult. My family decided to have a little adventure and climb that very thing. So we set off at about 9 am and and started to climb, one hour late we were at the top at approximately 6,700 ft of elevation. I was so tired and about ready to hit my family for taking me on this hike that I wanted to die!! But the cave turned out to be refreshingly cold and really awesome. We had fun and it was a really cool experience and I am proud of all of us that did it. But let me tell you the getting down part was not so fun. ANYWAY... That is the story, if you ever want to climb this mountain try it out, its worth it, just know that when you think your half way and the tour guide says we passed the easy part...... there is no way you have!!

No comments:

Post a Comment