Thursday, July 1, 2010

Someone Is Missing Her Momma


Its been so weird these past few years living without my mother. Sure, their have been people to help me along, like my dear auntie (aka second mom). But no one can really replace my mom. She loves me in a way that is hard to explain. I would do anything for my mother. I miss her a lot lately. I keep wishing she was here with me to share my life, like my dad is. I wish she could be the one giving me advice or going shopping with me. I wish she was here all the time. I really cherish the moments we have together when I visit, but every time I leave I feel like I am leaving something important behind. I know that I am leaving in a year to go off to college and start a new chapter of my life, but I wish my mom was here for this last, crucial year. She is the sweetest person and has such a wonderful spirit, I wish she saw what I see sometimes. She is beautiful and strong, kind and caring. She loves her kids in a unique way and would do what she could to love them. Sometimes I dream of laying in her lap and her petting my hair and telling me that everything is okay. Its hard to explain, but no other person could replace the feeling in my heart that I have for my mom. I love her and miss her terribly.

One step I was 2, the next I grew.
One step I was 10, then I grew again.
Two steps came, and then Three, until one day I was 18.
Five steps past, and I am out the door.
Six steps past, and I am at the bridal store.
Seven steps gone by and now I watch my baby cry.
But it all started with one step, two, and then I grew.

No comments:

Post a Comment