Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Home Sick


It has been almost three years since I left Moab Utah to come here to St. George for school. In all this time you would think a girl could not get home sick, but I do. I was looking at an article today in the slc tribune about the Grand County Red Devils football team and I started to cry. I really miss going to football games and seeing all my favorite players win a game. Here we are approaching are senior year and I wish I was there to walk down and get our diplomas together. Now dont get me wrong I love, I mean absolutely love, being here at Tuacahn High School. I am Senior Class president, 2 years sober, pretty popular in school, getting great grades, and preparing myself for a life of college. I am really loving my life here and everyone in it. But then there are days like today that I wish I was there, watching my team go out on the field, make some touchdowns, win the big game, go to the after party and celebrate with all my favorite players. I wish I was cheering the red devils name and making every moment with them count. I loved moab so much, I loved my friends and I loved the small town life. But it was so bad for me there, I am such a better person here, I feel better, happier. I just feel a little sad. I want to be there with them. They all seem so happy. I guess this is just a part of moving forward. I knew these days would come where I would regret leaving home. But I think in the end, when I am up on stage with my graduating class of Tuachan High School, and I am giving my speech to them, I will be proud to be up there. I will smile at them and be glad to wear the colors of the Titans. In the end it was the best decision for me. I wish my fellow seniors back and home in Moab good luck, have a great year, and make it last. Make sure to make a few touch downs for me and remember that these are the best years of your life, so celebrate the good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment